Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Sikes Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) would like to offer you an opportunity to become a sponsor and lend a hand in educating our students. We are offering you four options to help make an enhanced learning environment for all children through PTO sponsored events. Please choose from one of the following opportunities.
PTO Board Members
- Alicia Mishler – President SikesPTO@gmail.com
- Helen McFarland – Vice President
- Kristen Lehman – 2nd Vice President
- Kayle Legacy – Treasurer
- Edie Seaborn – Secretary
Check out the Calendar. You will find Sikes Share Days/Nights with local food establishments that support Sikes Elementary. Tell your server you are from Sikes Elementary and a portion of your bill will help support Sikes Elementary.
As a member of the PTO you will work with the teachers, administrators, and the community to ensure a quality education and a true partnership between home and school. If you would like to become a member fill out the short application, there is no charge to become a member. PTO Membership form
Our Business Partners
- Provide release time for employees to tutor, mentor, or read to students.
- Serve on a School Advisory Council.
- Provide incentives for students who have great attendance, grades, or attitude, or who have shown improvement.
- Donate used equipment or surplus materials.
- Serve as judges for various events, e.g. science fair, spelling bees, etc.
- Sponsor a school beautification project with materials or volunteers.
- Provide display space for student artwork.
- Serve as a guest speaker on career awareness or special interest topics.
- Sponsor special programs or school clubs.
- Collect school supplies, canned goods, or personal hygiene items.
- Assist with school fundraising activities.
- Participate in school events.
- Provide recognition to teachers and support personnel.
- Sponsor contests in art, writing, reading, etc.
- Sponsor needy families at holiday times.
Sikes Elementary would like to thank the following businesses for their support during the 2019-2020 school year: